Please take time to read and understand the FacePunch Rust TOS as these rules apply across all servers within Rust. If someone is breaking any of the rules listed there, use the F7 function in-game to report the player, even for conduct-related matters. Also, we recommend using the in-game mute function for any individual players you are having issues with.
You will be issued a server ban for breaking FacePunch TOS.
VAC/Game Ban Policy:
Players who attempt to connect to the server on a Steam account with any VAC/Game bans will have their SteamID permanently banned.
Players who share verified unique identifiers with an account that has a VAC/Non-Rust Game ban under 3 years old will be suspended until the VAC/Game ban on the other Steam account has reached 3 years old.
Players with verified alts of a Rust Game Banned (EAC) player will be banned permanently for evasion.
There are no appeals or exceptions to bans placed under this policy.
C.H.A.D. Ban Policy: (Temporarily Suspended)
Pickle Servers utilizes the Confirmed Hacker Alt Detection system which automatically places bans on some players suspected of being an alt account of a known cheater. If you are banned from the server and the message references C.H.A.D. you may only be readmitted if an appeal directly to the C.H.A.D. team is approved. This does not mean you would be safe from other policies in our rules, including our VAC/Game Ban policy.
To appeal a C.H.A.D. ban, open a ticket in their discord here.
We do not allow people to use VPNs. We understand that VPNs are very commonly used nowadays to hide your general web traffic from your ISP, contact us to review any bans associated with this policy. Note that services like GeForce NOW and Shadow are viewed as VPNs as well. A brief suspension will be placed on any players connecting from a detected VPN as to prevent players from attempting to circumvent this policy.
Server-issued suspensions for VPN connections are for 7 days unless the admin reviews and adjusts.
New Steam Accounts:
Although we allow new accounts to connect to the server, if your profile is not completed the server will automatically kick you.
There are no server-issued bans for new Steam accounts.
Rust is rated Mature by the ESRB. Due to the content and nature of the game, and in order to protect minors, you must have a parent sign a consent form to allow you to play on our server if you are under the age of 18. We will only be accepting in-game global chat, Discord chat from within our own Discord Server, or voice chat witnessed by an admin or moderator as evidence that a user is in violation of the age policy due to the inability to accurately determine a users age by actions, voice (voice changers are common), or other reasons.
Suspensions under the age policy are permanent until signed parental consent or identification proving the user is 18 or older is provided.
Team Limit Server-Specific Rules:
Pickle Servers leads by example with top-tier community-based team-limit servers. In order to provide the best and most authentic experience, we have special rules and policies in place for our servers that feature team limits. Pickle Duo and Quad share the same set of team limit rules. Pickle Solo, however, has its own set of unique adaptions to the standard Pickle Team Limit rule set. Select the server you will be playing on to view its specific rules.
General Server Rules:
4. Regarding hardware/software cheating and association.
- 4A. We do not tolerate any hardware/software cheating/hacks (ESP hacks, Recoil Scripting, Blacklisted devices such as Bloody Mouse, etc.).
- Confirmed 4A bans are permanent and can not be appealed.
- 4B. Portraying yourself as using hardware/software cheats/hacks. This is to remove players who hurt the health of the server by starting rumors that they are openly cheating without administrative action being taken which hurts the perception of the server to new and existing players.
- 4B bans may be appealed. The appeal will involve a review of our files on the player and other resources to make a determination on if the permanent ban should stay in place and be changed to rule 4A. The decision is final and is made at the administrator's discretion.
- 4C. We will ban for association, even if the members of the team (green dot/base authorized etc.) were unaware they were playing with a user who is banned under rule 4 (cheating).
- 24-hour suspension if it appears the players were unaware of the cheating teammate or did not profit from the cheater.
- 7-day suspension if the players may have been aware of the cheating teammate and did profit from the cheater.
- Permanent suspension if, at our discretion, we find that the players were aware of the cheating teammate.
- Second-time 4C violations will result in a permanent ban with limited options to appeal. Approved appeals will still have a suspension that is no less than double what would have been the original suspension time listed above.
- Third-time 4C violations are permanent with no appeal.
- 5A. Toxicity, where players are impacting the entire server, is not allowed. An example would be spamming a message in chat or admin impersonation. Moderation can take place if players are purposely bypassing the Pickle filter.
- We work extremely hard to create a server that is enjoyable for all players. We understand that sometimes you may not be happy or agree with our decisions and we invite you to reach out to us via the ticket system in our Discord to voice your concerns. Defamation (such as slander or libel) of the server is not tolerated in-game or on our public channels and will be moderated at our discretion. Players who often do this are only seeking to frustrate other players on the server or our staff. They make it clear through their messages that they are extremely unsatisfied on the server yet continue to play which further shows they are only trying to impact the entire server with their toxicity.
- 5B. Offensive materials on in-game items are not allowed, admins or moderators may change or destroy these items without warning. This includes all items in which a player can edit and leave customized messages and/or artwork. Moderation of this can take place but will be down to the Administrators discretion.
- 5C. Real-life threats are not allowed. We will take action on threats based on their severity. We consider doxing as releasing information that is gathered from sources from outside of Steam/Rust/Pickle Server Discord or provided willingly by yourself. Action will only be taken under this point if the information is deemed credible and is not just hearsay.
- 5D. "Stream Sniping" is strongly discouraged but is not usually moderated unless other above rules are being violated. Currently, we are working with content creators and the community to form solid policies around this activity. More to come in the coming months.
- 5E. While we allow most base designs, including those using "meta" bunker-type builds (pixel gaps, stability, etc), we do not allow buildings that use game-breaking bugs such as building inside terrain or glitching through foundations. We reserve the right at our discretion to remove bases or items that are deemed a violation of this policy. In addition, bases that use IO Entities (electrical/plumbing/industrial) that are inefficient may have some/all items destroyed if they are found to be potentially causing issues.
Moderation for Rule 5 violations can vary from a server mute to temporary suspensions or permanent bans based on the severity of the violation and administrators discretion.
(Have you read the rules and still have questions or need clarification? Check out the F.A.Q.s here)